When severe weather or other uncontrollable events impact your flight and travel dates, you may be able to change your trip with no change fee.
We understand you may have questions about your upcoming travel. We’re working around the clock to care for you on your travel journey.
Current travel alerts
Information current as of October 11, 2020
If you’re traveling to / through / from:
All cities served by American
The change fee is waived if you:
- Booked an American Airlines flight
- Bought your ticket on or before September 30, 2020
- Are scheduled to travel March 1 – December 31, 2020
Keep in mind, you may owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
Change your trip or cancel and rebook later
You’re allowed to make changes to your trip once. You can change it now, or cancel and rebook later.
Keep in mind:
The change fee will be waived but you may still owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.
Change or cancel online
- Find your trip
- If your trip is eligible, you’ll see ‘Change trip’ or ‘Cancel trip’ in the top toolbar
We’ll send an email that includes your ticket number after you cancel your trip. Keep this handy so you can refer to it when you call to rebook.
Keep in mind:
- Ticket must be issued by September 30, 2020
- Travel must be completed by December 31, 2021
Call to rebook
After you cancel your trip online, please call Reservations when you’re ready to rebook. You’ll need:
- Your ticket number (American tickets have a 13-digit number that begins with ’001’)
- Your 6-character confirmation (also called a ‘Record Locator’)