If you get sick with fever, cough, or other symptoms of COVID-19:
- Stay home and take other precautions. Avoid contact with others until it’s safe for you to end home isolation.
- Don’t travel when you are sick.
- You might have COVID-19. If you do, know that most people are able to recover at home without medical care.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room and let them know you might have COVID-19. If you have a medical appointment that cannot be postponed, call first and tell the doctor’s office you have or may have COVID-19. This will help them protect themselves and other patients from COVID-19.
- If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get emergency medical care immediately.
- If you live in close quarters with others, take additional precautions to protect them.
If you have a medical appointment that cannot be postponed, call your doctor’s office and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.